Re: environmental question

From: John (john@darkroompro.net)
Date: 04/25/02-04:47:08 AM Z

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:13:45 -0400, you wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>What, in all your esteemed opinions, would be the photographic process
>to leave the least impact on the environment?
>
>Hypothetically, say I lived in a hut in the middle of nowhere. I would
>not, with a clean concience, be able to dump my used chemistry on the
>ground or in my composting toilet or what have you.
>
>Just curious.
>
>Cheers,
>Christine

        There are many, many chemical compounds that will work as a developer.
Anything with caffeine will work as well as most fruit sugars. Just add a little
carbonate. Of course stop bath is simply vinegar (usually). A fixing bath could
be made from pickling salt.

Regards

   John S. Douglas, Photographer
     http://www.darkroompro.net