Le Gray waxed paper negative

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/25/02-10:32:57 AM Z

Anyone have any info on this? It is in the Antiquarian Avant-Garde book
several times, and I checked the archives to see but could find no Le Gray.
Maybe there is a different term I should search under? It seems from the
book that the neg is waxed first and then silver nitrated and potassium
iodided or something? Maybe it is no dif than the regular calotype neg
except that it is waxed, but was wondering if anyone has done it and how.
     I have the notes that someone posted a while back on the calotype--who
did that extensive posting so I can put your name there with it in my files?
But i saw no mention in there about wax.
     I wonder if there is a quickie way of doing this waxed neg thing...
Chris