Re: New Antiquarian Avant-Garde book

From: Kerik Kouklis (kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/25/02-12:55:15 PM Z

Just a warning about Amazon. In the last year or so, they've done a
LOUSY job packing nice books. I've received several "coffee table" type
books from them that come with the corners bumped because they just
throw them loose in the box with a couple of those packing balloon
thingies that they use. They used to shrind wrap the bigger books around
a larger piece of cardboard which kept the books from moving around
during shipping and protected the corners. I've sent e-mails to
complain, but have gotten no response.

You might consider PhotoEye.com. Prices are a bit higher, but I've never
had a problem with a book damaged during shipment from them. They have
it listed as not-yet-published and priced at 10% off list.

I won't buy nice books from Amazon any more.

Kerik