Re: low impact enivornmental methods -- Anthotype

From: epona (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 04/25/02-01:26:04 PM Z

Keith Gerling wrote:

> BTW, another environmental sting placed on most photographers (digital
> included) is the making of paper, a really ugly process, as anyone living
> near a papermill can attest. (The Aroma of Tacoma!)
>
> >The fact is that almost anything we do beyond die without issue is
> >potentially harmful....
>
> Agreed! It's only proper, though, that we realize what impact our actions
> have, rather than just blissfully ignoring them.

Keith,

You bring up an excellent point. I was traveling in Western North Carolina,
enjoying the beauty of the Blue Ridge and the Great Smoky mountains. I was in
a part of the state where town centers are the size of one city block. For a
ways down a particular road Ikept thinking to myself "what is that godawful
stench?" After a few bends in the road the smokestacks appeared. I should
have photographed it now that I think about it - a great industrial anomaly,
all steel and smoke and smell - in the middle of this beautiful green place.
Maybe I should learn how to make paper.

Cheers,
Christine in a state of painful awareness as opposed to blissful ignorance.

--
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this