Re: Sicko humor as art?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/13/02-07:45:31 AM Z

Leslie,

One of the continuing subjects in the artist's work happens to be found
examples of badly done taxidermy. These are carefully photographed and then
presented incongruously with great skill and visual wit. But the "product
link" you're upset by is clearly not presented as artwork at all, it's a
link to a joke picture found elsewhere on the net. The joke page may strike
you as being in bad taste, but to leap from there to saying that torture,
pedophelia and abuse are the subjet matter of the work on the site is simply
ludicrous. Even the picture in question is so clearly fake that no one could
seriously propose that it actually shows an animal being tortured.

---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: