Re: travelling with an 8x10 camera

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/13/02-07:52:58 AM Z

Shannon,

In the past I've been able to travel with a large (for 8x10) f/64-brand
backpack with a pretty full 810 outfit. I carried it on and put it in the
overheads, but I haven't flown in several years so size regulations may have
changed. The contents of the bag, large folding camera and lenses, shouldn't
cause security concerns even today.

LightWare and Strebor make highly protective cases that can be used to check
large format equipment with adequate shock protection, though they offer
relatively little theft deterrence.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: