Re: What Postmodernism Means, etc.,etc.,etc.

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/19/02-12:53:12 PM Z

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Tillman Crane wrote:

> >In a message dated 8/19/02 11:31:01 AM, shannonstoney@earthlink.net writes:
> >
> ><< So, if Weston were around today, which camp do you think he would fall in,
> >of the two that you mention? The craft camp or the intellectual bunch?
> >
> >--shannon
> >

> >Shannon-
> >
> >Weston would go make photographs.
> >
> >Bill K.
>
> Amen.
> tillman

Probably not... just like alt is supposedly all platinumed out, I think
just going, and, duh, making photographs is not now, if it ever was,
either inspired or inspiring. And those persons, if any, who claimed, oh
shucks, I just make photographs, either lied or their upstairs light was
out. More likely they thought it wasn't cool to articulate a vision in
words ("real photographers don't talk in concepts") but I'd bet any one of
them had a vision they understood privately if not for publication.

However this game is sort of like if you were a tree what kind of tree
would you be or other encounter group talk. Edward Weston today would be
starting in a different place, hence someone else... Possibly a computer
programmer looking for ways to translate visual media... but NOT
photographing "ain't nature grand," at any aperture.

Judy