Re: tough enough, thanks-finally and on to other things

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 08/21/02-01:02:27 PM Z

I understand those who don't enjoy the banter/cacophony of the educational
dilemma but the track of it all did interest me . . obviously, since I tried
to write back my thoughts. But, though things get 'off track' on this list
now and then, we don't have to read it all. It is one of the reasons I so
enjoy this list.

> How about some links to references on the web on how to make your own,
> enlarged half tone negatives for cyan & van dyke printing and what is
> the best inexpensive printer on the market to make larger digital
> negatives for the same processes?

It's not necessary to make 1/2-tone negs when you can enlarge directly to
lith film? One does not normally require the 1/2-tone dot. A continuous tone
negative suffices.

The printers would be the very latest Epsons, HP or Canon and that'd depend
upon the size you wish.
If one is going to create digital files rather than straight imagery, these
would be perfect choices. The film I'd recommend would be the Pictorico but
that can become quite costly Vs making an 'enlargement' on lith film.

Jack