Re: tough enough, thanks-finally

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 08/22/02-10:46:53 PM Z

I thought that was what I said hehehehehe

But you are right Judy.... standardize everything you can to the paper, mix,
exposure, etc., that you hope to end up using... then do "the curve." It
will save a lot of work...sensible sensitometry. If later, I changed formula
or paper or something in the process, I would do a new curve.

Mark Nelson
In a message dated 8/22/02 11:55:30 PM, jseigel@panix.com writes:

<< > My guess is that Van Dyke and Cyan digital negatives would be done much
like
> platinum, but with a Photoshop curve that is tuned to each process... then
> fine tuned to how you do that process, the paper you use, what you expose it
> with, etc... all those little variables that make alt such a wonderful
> challenge.

However, in my experience "the curve" can vary from paper to paper, even
with a given process. So if you're a perfectionist, it might be a good
idea to choose your paper before firming up curve.

J. >>