Re: Now I'm up to 4?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/22/02-11:31:24 PM Z

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Jack Fulton wrote:
> ....I wish to encourage them to pursue the field of Art because I
> wholly believe it is the only thing in this world that is worth a shit. The
> rest of it is commerce . .

This is I promise my last tonight (or this morning, according to where you
are) but coming out of the upgrade from hell (seven days in the second
round alone & still glitches) it's talk therapy... First, Jack I agree
absolutely completely and ardently with your words above. Consider that
all we know of, for instance, the Egyptians, comes from their art... !

However,

> And, Judy, I know how you are about those nudes and Ed etc. and there has,
> indeed been history prior about all that . . it was that I feel Ed's work
> can be seen in the light of objectivity. He was interesting to me for his
> subjective objectivity. Or, is that objective subjectivity? Photography is
> good at that if one has no fear to practice and don't hide that under the
> guise or mire of pretension.

I don't get your point here, so comment only that what bothers me is the
hypocrisy, not the naked. Half of humanity has the same equipment so
what's the big deal. The pretense that this is not erotica, but just
"art" is, however, too much.

J.