RE: language discussion on the ethics of repeating, for illustration,prejorative terms

From: Jean-Daniel LEMOINE (jdlemoin@club-internet.fr)
Date: 08/23/02-02:16:49 AM Z

"I think some of these debates,
theories and speeches should be taken off the list, and discussed among
those that are interested... " (Claudia)

Sorry, Claudia, not to agree with you. For me (Frenchman), all these debates
coming from America are very important to understand the 'state of art' in
US and elsewhere, what direction photography is going to, in what spirit
photography is teached, because that gives me a better understanding about
photo art. Making photo takes a sense for me only if I am able to surmount
problems such as "it has been done before" or " what real meaning in my
pictures?". So, please, let all these 'great' discussions going on. Even if
I often have a problem about translation of sometimes sophisticated
vocabulary, I like these debates.
Amicalement.
Jean-Daniel