Re: Pepper Confessions Re: What Postmodernism Means, etc.,etc.,etc.

From: Paul Martinez (paulmartinez@telocity.com)
Date: 08/26/02-07:42:14 AM Z

> I found some great peppers in a friend's garden...

I thought Weston was a fairly devout vegetarian and if
he was, indeed, popular with women, then maybe he was
just photographing what he really felt that he
understood (optically).

When I look at some Chuck Jones' albumens of vegetables
it seems perfectly clear that he was just a good a
gardener as a he was a photographer.

The same applies to Callahan's photos of his wife and
child. There are a few nudes, but I never get the
feeling that they're eroticized. It just seems a
gifted artist photographing something he loved and
loved to look at.