Re: language discussion on the ethics of repeating, for illustration,prejorative terms

From: epona (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 08/26/02-07:41:24 AM Z

Which also reminds me of a story about a distant relation who moved here from
England in the 60's. She was at a party and asked for a fag. Boy, did she get
looks. In England, fag is slang for a cigarette. I went to school with her
daughter. Some of the girls at school loved to ask her what a dyke was. They
would roar with laughter when she would innocently reply "a ditch in the side of
the road." Kids.

Cheers,
Christine

--
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this