fake tintypes

From: Margery (margeryfranklin@att.net)
Date: 08/26/02-08:32:08 AM Z

Nothing as interesting as when is porn porn, the meaning of postmodernism,weston's peppers and the value of contemplating women's breasts. Just a mundane inquiry: I am trying to coat the metal plates supplied by Rockaloid with Ag Plus emulsion. They recommend pouring a small puddle onto the middle of the 4x5 plate and moaving the plate around so the stuff is distributed, and using a finger to push it toward the corners if necessary. Using a finger doesn't work at all for me-- and I am not getting anything resemble even coating although the emulsion is liquified as per instructions.I've tried a foam brush an d hake brush too, with very messy results. I'm new to liquid emulsions -- are some better than AG Plus for working on metal? or paper? All responses much appreciated.
Also -- could someone reind me about how one accesses the list's archives? Thanks.
Margery