RE: A creamy finish

From: Ken Watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 08/26/02-08:25:43 PM Z

Is you plate 110 degrees as well? If not the gelatin will try and set as
you are trying to make a smooth film.. As I remember I think Gelatin can go
to about 140 degrees before serious changes start to occur so you might
heat it up a little more, make sure your plate is up to temp and try it
again.

Actually if you have a hot plate ( read electric frying or cooking
skillet) with temp control you could pour a plate as you are now doing and
place it onto the temp controlled pan. This will make sure the temp is
correct and keep the emulsion fluid while you try to get the coat even..
 When finished just remove it from the pan and let it cool.