Re: A creamy finish

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 08/27/02-12:26:07 AM Z

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:13:22 -0400 (EDT) Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Margery wrote:
>
> > ah, that's an interesting thought about the
> emulsifier in whipping cream. In
> > any event, I'll try the pour-from-corner
> approach on the next round. Thanks.
> > Margery
>
> Do you mean that the heavy cream you buy for
> whipping has an emulsifier
> added, or that readymade whipped cream has an
> emulsifier?
>
> J.
  Both. Look at the containers of "heavy whipping cream" at the grocery. You
will probably find a list of chemicals in it. There is even more stuff in
stuff like "Readywhip".
  Most commercial ice cream is similar. _Real_ ice cream melts to a liquid, a
lot of commercial ice cream melts to a sort of plastic foam.
  The same sort of stuff is in packaged whipped cream to keep it in shape even
when warm.

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@ix.netcom.com
Los Angeles, CA, USA