Ortho Lith Film Streaks

From: Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Date: 08/28/02-01:34:42 AM Z

> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Steve Shapiro wrote:
> > I have been getting streaks developing Ortho film from contact negatives
off
> > color transparencies, was this already discussed?

Thanks for the link to our archives. I couldn't find the paper by Craine,
but I did find out why I'm getting streaks. Too short a development time.
The film has to be exposed for a longer development time. While the image
comes up sooner, the continuous tone will evolve clearly after a full
development as some of the emulsion halides will develope leaving the rest
to come into full development as the film on the whole developes out to a
Dmax based on the emulsion engineering. Don't use the eye, is perhpas the
answer, but make sense with exposure time and development times of a minimum
3- 6 minutes. If the image comes up in less than 3 minutes, it will streak
in the fix, so less exposure will allow continuous tone with full
development.

I hope none of you had this problem, because I'm afraid I didn't explain it
very well.