Re: Ortho Lith Film Streaks

From: Hamish Stewart (hamish@gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: 08/28/02-02:16:08 PM Z

On 28/8/02 10:30, "Monnoyer Philippe" <monnoyer@imec.be> wrote:

> I bought MACO Geniusfilm sheets (and other MACO films) for alt-phot. I had
> constantly streaks parallel to a border of the sheets. There was no way to
> avoid it. I returned it to the shop.
> The streaks were lines of uneven density, very visible in large zones of even
> tone (studio backgrounds ...). I am pretty sure this was an uneven coating at
> the fab (eastern europe I think).
> I do not trust Maco films and do not recommend it.
>
> Philippe

Hi Philippe! trust you are doing well

I have had the same problem with MACO Geniusfilm. As you say streaks in
areas of even tone. Some of the sheets were fine but the quality control
with this film is very poor. For the same reasons I will not use it again
either. I also think the base stock is of poor quality.

Currently exploring digital methods and possibly using the Bergger BFPO-18
for both inter-positives and negs. Sadly the old BFPO-10 has been
discontinued (a great lith film for negs).