Re: Ortho Lith Film Streaks

From: William Marsh (redcloud54@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/28/02-04:29:29 PM Z

Hamish,

Found this in the archive.

                 bpf 18 film from Bergger--gotta try it
        Date:
                 Mon, 27 May 2002 09:18:53 -0600
       From:
                 "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
           To:
                 Alt Photo List <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>

     I posted a question a while back about this film to the list about what
ISO to rate this film at and what development. It is a continuous tone
ortho film, available in sheets of 8 x 10. It costs $99 a box of 50. I got
it directly from Bergger here in the states (815-282-9876). Since I didn't
get a reply (and John Horowy didn't even know the ISO of the film :)) I
tested it in Howard Efner's 4x10 pinhole camera and here are my results:
     The film is quite heavy duty--thick base. It feels similar to
Kodak S0
132 in thickness.
     It is a cinch to use because of its red light safety.
     I developed it in Dektol 1:10/2.5 mn as I do lith film and exposed it
as I do lith film with an ISO of 6 and that is way too dense of an exposure,
and 1:10 is way too underdeveloped. I did a lith neg at the same time
for a
comparison variable. Even in 1:10 dektol lith is quite contrasty.
     Then I did an ISO of 25 and 50 and developed in Dektol 1:1 for 2
minutes and it worked great. I chose this way because it is how I treat
SO132 film. I will also try it in pyro to see if there are benefits to
developing it the normal way.
     I have not tried it under the enlarger but apparently it works great
that way, too, according to the scanty literature in the box.<<<