Re: photos on metal - laser engraving.

From: Daniel Irvin (dirvin1@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/28/02-03:19:48 PM Z

I have worked extensively with laser engraving on anodized aluminum for
engraving numbers on lenses. The process removes the anodized layer and
doesn't effect the aluminum underneath. The depth is very slight but the
effect is obvious. I have done nothing with gold, but would imagine that
there would need to be some kind of coating over it. If you need email me
and I will get you the name of the engraver I have used.

Daniel Irvin

dirvin1@earthlink.net