Re: Thanks for all the great issues discussed over the past weeks!

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 08/29/02-07:13:46 AM Z

Chris,

I'd suggest the book (thanks to Jack Fulton) we give our graduating BFA
students -- _Art & Fear_, by Orland and Bayles. It really addresses the
concerns you've raised. In fact, graduating is one of the major causes of
"annihilation" -- the end of art making. HIGHLY recommended. I'm in one of
those "free thinking" environments and my soul still gets sucked "big time." I
look forward to rereading this book every fall... there is a new edition too.

keep on keeping on

-Darryl