Korona Camera Helper

From: Jeff Buck (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 08/29/02-09:20:25 AM Z

Those of you who have big Korona cameras, like 8x10 and bigger, might be
aware that Koronas came new in olden times in a nice canvas covered case,
etc., and the kit included a couple support struts that fitted on the
bottom of the camera base. These struts clamped in and extended under the
extension rails, front and rear, and gave support. Has anyone ever seen an
original one? They seem more or less MIA. Anyhow, the familiar sag of the
rails, esp. the rear, is no big deal from a shooting standpoint, because
you just correct it w/ a spirit level and the tilt. However, the brass
housing (the female part; here we go again) for the center bolts of the
extension rails (the male part; sheesh) takes almost all the resulting
stress, and I squirm a bit when I see that.... How many are familiar with
dagor77@earthlink.net? This is Andrew Glover of LA. He's the most
prolific seller on ebay in the LF category. A really good guy. Well, he
got ahold of some originals as templates, I guess, and has had exact
facsimiles built in hickory. There are several, and he'll be auctioning
them off one at a time. If interested, just do a "smart search" of his
email address. I have no interest in this, but I've been a very satisfied
customer of his on several occasions. Extremely knowledgeable, friendly,
efficient and fair. -JB