Relief on porcelain

From: Galina Manikova (galina@online.no)
Date: 08/29/02-10:22:22 AM Z

Photo-lithophane is not practiced today as far as I know, it has been
substituted by photopolymer plates and some other rubber-casting techniques.
The idea is the same as before, only gelatin is substituted by plastic,
rubber or resin. Porcelain casting forms are prepared from the molds, that
have recieved a decoration made by a photographic relief on a thin layer of
latex or rubber.

In addition there are some computer programmed machines, that are able to
make any type of molds by carving, also after a photograph.

Regards,

Galina.

Galina Manikova
Alternative alternative