RE: quick draw large format

From: Leyba, Matt (MLeyba@Denverpost.com)
Date: 08/29/02-02:43:42 PM Z

I agree with Carl, with practice it's pretty easy to be quick setting up and
shooting a frame. My typical situation, hiking around the Colorado hills is
from the time I pull the pack off my back to putting it back on is
lessminutes. The big time killer for me is if I have to extend the Reis
legs. Of course during the 30 minutes of really nice morning or eve light, I
shoulder the camera and run around shooting as much as I can in this small
window of time. Scouting reports go a long way at these times. I must admit
though, there are situations that can slow you down pretty good. A good
steady rain/snow or a river strewn with baby heads have been known to beat
me up pretty good. In the urban setting, it's people coming up asking about
that neat old camera your using, especially the guy who "used to do that
too" ten years ago.

Mateo Leyba