quick draw large format

From: shannon stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 08/29/02-01:34:58 PM Z

CArl wrote:

> When I teach view camera
>technique I tell students that you should be able to see something from the
>car at 70 mph (or while hiking with your gear in a packback) and be pulling
>the darkslide within ninety seconds. They usually think I'm kidding, but I'm
>not. (How do you get to use a view camera fast? Same way you get to Carnegie
>Hall--practice!)

We're going to start calling you Quick Draw Carl. Seriously, how do
you do this? It takes me ten minutes minimum to get the camera out
of the backpack, put it on the tripod, open it, etc, etc. Maybe you
mean your camera is already on the tripod over your shoulder and your
other stuff is in the backpack?

--shannon