Re: Artist I have been looking at during this nude discussion

From: Joe Smigiel (jsmigiel@KVCC.EDU)
Date: 08/30/02-09:06:06 PM Z

Well, personally, I like mine better than Brandt's or Bernhard's. :)

Jack, I would also be interested in hearing those comments you're suppressing on Bellmer. Several names are popping up in this discussion which are of interest to me. Specifically, Francesca Woodman and Bellmer. I'll add an interest in the work of Vera Lehndorff (Veruschka) too.

Joe

<<< jefulton1@attbi.com 8/30 10:13p >>>
Nope, cannot agree. At all. And I know Ruth.
Bill Brandt in my mind. He looked at the nude through an art eye . . most of
the time. His is the only work which took the body and removed the camera.
Kertesz distortions accomplished something, Ruth boxed 'em up like a
package. But Bill Brandt came truly from a Surreal arena and used that fresh
thinking to see differently.
Though Hans Bellmer tried w/string and dolls, I, well, wont comment.
Jack