Re: Artist I have been looking at during this nude discussion

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 08/31/02-06:09:41 AM Z

Yes, I've seen these. Absolutely stunning, masterful and very understated. Her
partner is a painter/sculptor (from memory). These were published in either
American Photographer or Camera Arts.

I was (and still am) uncomfortable with the whole Francesca Woodman phenomenon,
but because her (posthumous) celebrity status seemed unquestioned I assumed I was
out of sync. At least until I got to reading A.D. Coleman, he clearly thought the
whole scenario was fraudulent.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Ralph Gibson (I'm not nominating him you
understand, just surprised). His following is very large and robust. aka sales are
good...

-Darryl