Re: Thanks for all the great issues discussed over the past weeks!

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/31/02-02:06:52 AM Z

But Christine, you didn't say what you like about Art News...

Also, speaking of art mags, I forgot to mention that current AiA has
article by (I am forgetting, again, was it R. Krauss?), on Bellmer. For
years, feminist critics protested Bellmer's chopping up women and drowning
them in mud. So very very Hustler.

If the man wants to chop & drown, let him pick on someone his own size, or
at least equal opportunity chop. I myself never saw the "artistic merit"
of the works & still don't. But the writer seemed to take him very
seriously. OTOH, I didn't finish the article, so I can't say for sure that
she didn't recant at the end.

J.