Re: Salted Paper

From: Eric Nelson (emanmb@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/31/02-09:07:01 AM Z

I've never had any staining problems w/salted paper
prints. What color is it?

One invaluable treatment of the silver solution is to
add some kaolin powder to your storage bottle, shake
it, and the discoloration that occurs from contact
w/organic materials(albumen, gelatin) is gone. I
leave the kaolin in the bottle always and just decant
it via the method illustrated in Reilly's book.

I use Strathmore Artists Drawing paper, single weight,
plate finish for salt and albumen.

Eric