Salted Paper

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 08/31/02-09:05:42 AM Z

I wonder if anyone on the list has made top quality salted paper
prints? If so I would really appreciate a good set of working
directions. I have been playing around with salted paper for several
years but have never managed to completely eliminate the problem of
overall stain. The stain is visible as soon as the print is out of
the first wash, and never clears. I always use distilled water for
mixing both the silver nitrate and salting solutions, and have used
a variety of papers, with no relief from the stain.

Thanks for any comments or help with this problem, and again, I would
really appreciate getting a specific set of working instructions from
someone who has actually made good salted paper prints.

Sandy King