Re: Children heck try using a camera at an Airport

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 08/31/02-10:18:26 AM Z

In a message dated 8/31/2002 1:46:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mak@teleport.com writes:

> My plane was just delayed in Detroit
>
> During my travels I found a mint Zeiss Ikon 521/16 Ikonta and was running a
> couple rolls through it whilst we sat parked on the tarmac because of a
> mechanical problem. The sun was setting the Tri-X was loaded and what
> should
> happen but a fellow passenger in first class rang the steward because I was
> photographing planes and the airport through a foreign looking camera.
>
> (quick name a non-foreign camera besides Zone VI).
>
> I am sure I was reported via radio as the First Officer emegred to see how
> was doing and take a look at my electronic gear that might interfere with
> the crew.
>
> I am a person of no color from Oregon of Swedish descent...
>
> Ya gotta wonder....

I wouldn't really wonder. Given the sensitive situation and sensitve date
that the nation is in, I guess it is undertandable. If it happened to me, I
would think it had caused inconvenience (and maybe some embarrasment), but I
would still feel happy and proud that they did it.

And I am not caucasian either, but I wouldn't think it had anything to do
with race, and I would make it a big deal and complain that this was related
to racial discrimination, etc. etc. I just don't think so.

United we stand,
Dave S