Re: Artist I have been looking at during this nude discussion

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/31/02-08:22:38 PM Z

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:

> ....Point well taken, Judy. But isn't the "frame" itself a kind of
> two-dimensional "box"? Arthur

Surely you jest. But just in case --- EVERY photo has a frame, even
man-mountain Dean, even Lisa Lyons -- or not-- & it is distinctly NOT part
of "the image," from which it is generally separated ANYWAY by a mat.

Only Ruth puts her babes (bland, blank, & usually supine) IN A REAL BOX.
Why that was EVER considered creative and artistic I'll have to put on a
long list of questions I cannot answer, but I feel honor bound to make the
point.

J.