Re: Artist I have been looking at during this nude discussion

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 08/31/02-07:44:35 PM Z

Steve:
  A 'palimpsest' (comes from the Latin root of scraping) is a blank tablet
that has been scraped clean of prior use. In the recent past year or so, a
tablet was found that contained prior records of, as I remember, Euclid's
thoughts on some geometric postulate . . or, hey, maybe it was Archimedes.
Anyway, it had been erased and re-used.
  I like that word because what we've been discussing has roots and an
origin early in our loved medium but also just in Art expression. The slate
has been cleaned again and again so to speak. The recent discussions from
our resident poets and thinkers has been sort of a deconstructive perusal of
the 20th century. I enjoy such talking interspersed with tech stuff. We are
our own palimpsest perhaps.
  The irony for me is one related to synchronicity . . which, to me, is an
indication that things are being done correctly . . is not the nude also a
palimpsest? Nude, then clothed, then nude and re-clothed.
Jack