Re: Scanning for greater dynamic range

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/02/02-03:55:08 PM Z

Ken,

I used to work with multiple scan when I made confocal microscopy. The
system is about the same as in astronmy but the pmt are a little different.
But the software I woprk with,(made by Leica) use an average system to avoid
noise. even with 2 scan it can give a better result. Sure the fact is it
work best for low value, to avoid noise in the black.

In microscoopy I used to scan first the blue then the green and last the
red. each with a pmt only sensitive to this color with filters to avoid
the avoer color to pass.

Amicalement

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com