Scanning filtering

From: Ken Watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 12/03/02-07:45:01 AM Z

Nze,

This is also, I am sure you know, not the way most scanners work today. They
are scanning all three colors at the same time. With the filters on the chip
there is limited materials they can use for these filters as they need to
withstand several semiconductor processing steps. If one is using separated
color filters, off chip, you have an opportunity to select much better
filtering materials and as you say only get R,G of B because that is all the
light there is.

There is software that can eliminate the sparkles. It just needs to be
determined what the largest contrast step is allowable or always assume any
large step in intensity in a black field is noise. This is generally a
workable assumption, unless you are trying to image lint on a dark cloth.
Ken
l Message -----