RE: VDB test results - part 1

rurmonas@senet.com.au
Date: 12/06/02-06:05:36 AM Z

Quoting Liam Lawless <liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>:

> Note that KOL said Herschel developed the "dirty yellow image" with
> ferrOcyanide. I thought it was probably a misprint, but maybe not.

Either ferricyanide or ferrocyanide can be used. Ferricyanide
reacts with the exposed FAC (ferrous state) to form Ferrous-Ferricyanide
(prussian blue). This is a negative process. Alternatively ferrOcyanide
will react with the unexposed (ferric state) FAC to form prussian blue.
This is a positive process.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas