Re: Formaldehyde mixed into gelatin size?

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 12/05/02-08:06:57 PM Z

Yes, you can mix formaldehyde into the gelatin. This causes two
problems: 1) you can not apply this solution with a brush in an
enclosed area because of the extremely obnoxious fumes, and 2) you
must use up all of the solution during one working session as it will
not re-melt.

If you are going to brush on the solution I recommend using chrome
alum instead of formaline. Others may recommend glyoxal but I quit
using it because it sometimes turns paper yellow.

Sandy King