Re: Dissolving Caseine

From: Ed Buffaloe (EdBuffaloe@UnblinkingEye.Com)
Date: 12/06/02-05:51:43 AM Z

I'm trying to see how little ammonia I can get away with using. So far
100ml of a 10% solution of typical household ammonia will not quite dissolve
50 grams of washed and strained cottage cheese curds. I'm thinking 15%
would do it. I've already been warned that the ammonia solution diminishes
in strength as it ages, so I'm using a fresh bottle.