Re: Dissolving Caseine

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/06/02-03:24:45 AM Z

Somehow it got to be 4:13 AM & I've logged on to 206 messages, not all new
but enough -- so if I'm missing the point here, please excuse -- about the
ammonia... Lukas and I had some offlist discussion & it came out that
household ammonia in Germany is much stronger than in the US. If that
matters...

The problem is they don't tell that figure on any ammonia bottle in the
store, but the general belief is it's 3%. Lukas said, if I remember
correctly, that in Germany it's 9%. (?) (I think I put that update in the
next issue.)

I'd always meant to call the number on the ammonia bottle and see if I
could get the figure, but somehow I didn't get to it... And no reason to
believe they wouldn't change it the next week anyway. I suspect the ratio
isn't critical -- things like that often exchange time and strength,,,
that is, weaker for more time can be same as stronger quicker.

I'll add though that if by chance the ammonia strength is
critical....hmmm, a chance to use up the 880 in the cellar... now THAT'S
ammonia !!

Judy