mordancage

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 12/07/02-11:01:12 AM Z

I had students do mordancage this past assignment and one of them discovered
a fun thing; she was still mordancaging when our hour crit was due, and so
she left it in the copper solution for well over an hour, and then
redeveloped it for only a mere minute in dektol 1:5. She got neat colors!
Ones I've never seen before, greens and oranges. I also find that neater
colors happen with weaker dilution redeveloper, less time in the
redeveloper...you get selenium purples and such. If you want them to really
remain that way, fix after rinsing off the solution well.
Chris