RE: VDB test results

From: Kerik Kouklis (Kerik@Kerik.com)
Date: 12/07/02-02:58:16 PM Z

Scott,

Try soaking the paper in a solution of oxalic acid for about 5 minutes,
then allow to dry completely. I've used solutions beteen 1% and 5% with
success for platinum/palladium printing which also does not like
alkaline papers.

Kerik Kouklis
www.kerik.com

In some processes (VDB and cyan) I have found that some papers do not
take the sensitizer as well as others. Could the carbonate be the
culprit? Most of the time I simply single coat and print without
pre-shrinking or sizing. Is it possible to remove the buffer by
pre-shrinking or would the paper have to soak so long that it begins to
seperate? Would applying sizing (gelatin or starch) solve the problem?

Thanks,

Scott Wainer
smwbmp@starpower.net