Re: VDB test results - part 1

From: Richard Urmonas (rurmonas@senet.com.au)
Date: 12/08/02-02:50:15 AM Z

On 2002.12.07 19:15 Judy Seigel wrote:

> But in one of these messages, which I seem to have lost, you said
> fairly
> strong fixer doesn't bother VDB -- or did I read it wrong? anyway, my
> tests with 3 strengths of plain sodium thio in water showed that
> anything
> stronger than the weakest (from memory 1 tbsp in 16 oz water) did
> indeed
> bleach out the print after about 30 seconds.

Judy,

That may have been me. I was trying to remove the silver using film
strength rapid fixer. After one hour, the VDB image was certainly
lighter, but still quite strong. I can only suspect that when the print
dries there is a further reaction which renders the image less soluble.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas
rurmonas@senet.com.au