Re: Brave New World: aka "Pinko Fagot [Way OT! Political Rant, Be Warned]

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/08/02-12:30:46 PM Z

No kidding!

over the summer some friends of mine, who live in a warehouse space in
baltimore, had their home raided. they had been doing activism against
local Neo Nazi groups, and some of their friends had been involved in a
demonstration against said groups and were arrested for apparently
'inciting a riot'. subsequently the warehouse was raided and their
computers and all of their anti racist literature were confiscated. they
were raided again shortly thereafter, although i'm not sure why. they did
not need a search warrant to do this.

the whole situation was very disconcerting to me, and i don't even live
there. imagine how they felt.

i think it's time people start really paying attention to all of these new
bills and laws and acts that are going through the government and being
approved. i am certainly not an advocate of sacrificing freedom for
security and safety. now don't get me wrong, i don't think that all of the
action taken by the government in the name of safety is with some nefarious
ulterior motive, but i think it's very convenient for the more overzealous
in our government, including mr. bush.

to relate this to alt processes, let's hope we will all still be able to
freely purchase the chemicals we need! i ordered some Pottasium Dichromate
a little while back and had to fill out a DEA form, hopefully it won't get
much worse than that.

Steve

probably have been incidents like this with many administrations both
Republican and Democrat, I find the trend with the current administration,
especially since 911, to sacrifice freedom for "safety" rather unnerving.

> Mark Nelson

--- Steve Bell
--- Veracity000@earthlink.net
--- "We have...become our own thought police; but instead of calling the
process by which we limit our own expression of
     dissent and wonder 'censorship', we call it 'concern for commercial
viability'." -David Mamet