Re: Chemical availability <was Re: Brave New World: aka "Pinko Fagot [Way OT! Political Rant, Be Warned]>

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 12/08/02-07:21:37 PM Z

Absolutely, but not because of Sept 11 but because of all those meth labs
out there. When you purchase iodine you need to write a letter explaining
why what how for, and that goes on file for the FBI to check out once a
year. I have had no problem ordering most chems from Tri Ess Sciences in
Burbank, but now there are also chems that are no longer shipped UPS because
of hazard problems. For instance, even innocuous stuff like Rodinal or lith
developer doesn't go thru the mail anymore--much less mercury of course
(gasp)(as kids we used to put mercurochrome on our owies)!!
Chris