Re: VDB test results: related concerns

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/08/02-09:13:59 PM Z

Someone (in a message buried in the 100 or so) asked about a test for
residual iron. The chemical is called TIRON, which is mixed in very minute
quantities in -- as I recall, sodium hydroxide. I got the procedure and
formula out of one of the old chemical manuals, but never did the actual
test.

Yes, the tiron is around here somewhere, unless I gave it away. But it's
a tiny bottle, there's no way I could find it. My triumph of the moment
is (after 2 days' search) finding the System 9 book. Now I rest on my
laurels.

HOWEVER, let me suggest, instead of all this fear of fading -- how about
a brown gum print? Perfectly archival...

J.