Re: Question about pt/pd

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/10/02-04:34:52 PM Z

Sandy,

Cesium and lithium and ammonium and maybe others can all be made into double
salts with palladium chloride, and these can then be used as part or all of
the metals component of the ferric/metals solution mix to make the
sensitizer. Additives like tungsten can also be tossed in. I did some
testing with these combinations and wrote up those preliminary ventures in
"The New Platinum Print"--Witho's experiments extend well beyond those quick
trials and I don't know who else might have been exploring in the meantime.
TNPP also includes instructions for Dick Sullivan's gold-toning technique as
well as some tables indicating what to expect when combining the various
develop-out and POP chemical combinations. Don't know if it's covered
elsewhere. I don't think there's an extensive published treatment of, what
to call it, exotic Pt/Pd variations for color.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: