Question about pt/pd

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 12/10/02-02:47:48 PM Z

This is a question for the pt/pd folks.

I was writing something about the characteristics of different
processes and when I got to pt/pd it crossed my mind that I might
better verify my information. I have always assumed that with pt/pd
one is pretty much stuck with neutral black to warm black color,
depending on the mixture of platinum to palladium. Is this true, or
can the image color of pt/pd be changed? Could a pt/pd print, for
example, be toned with gold to produce the purplish/bluish color we
get with gold-toned silver processes?

Sandy King