Re: OT urban legends

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 12/14/02-05:24:48 PM Z

This is off-topic.

If you wish to disagree with Ken Watson - please do so privately - I have.

I don't want a "war" flame war on this list.

Gord Holtslander
List Manager

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Ralph Rinke wrote:

> >> Who could be offended by an opinion from a piddling country that can not
> >> afford to defend itself ? Pity comes to mind.
> >>
> >> Ken Watson
> >> Vietnam Veteran, sometimes photographer, patriot
>

> Ken, Thanks for the pity, with a comment like that, I see how the phrase
> "the ugly American " came about. There were many Canadians from this
> piddling country that fought in Vietnam. By the way, you didn't win that one
> did you.
>
> Ralph Rinke
> Canadian

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2