Re: Susan Sontag article

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 12/14/02-11:13:09 AM Z

I got sidetracked thinking about why it is I find Robert Adams readable
and interesting on photography, even though I disagree with some of his
ideas, and Susan Sontag not worth the effort, and forgot to finish my
train of thought, which I will do now for whatever it's worth. Although
I haven't found "On Photography" particularly readable, persuasive, or
relevant to my own work, then or now, I have enjoyed some of Sontag's
other writings, and actually found lots to think about in the current
article under discussion on war photography. I was especially intrigued
by her inclusion of the lynching photograph in the illustrations and
discussion.
kt