Re: visualizing; mixing D-76

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/15/02-11:13:48 PM Z

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Sandy King wrote:

> It is my understanding that Kodak currently buffers their packaged
> D76 developer so, assuming that your solution was mixed from a
> prepared package it would not have increased in alkalinity over this
> period of time.

Well this was some time ago, as I have not used D-76 recently... Reading
this discussion I theorize that as the solution got weaker with age, the
pH picked up, so net activity remained the same. (Would that we could say
the same.)

Meanwhile, I note that Sandy and others are mentioning pH -- how are
you/they measuring it? I found the strips (hyperion? or like that)
unsatisfactory, not precise, aged quickly, etc. Bought a digital poker
type instrument, but it was worse, inconsistent, slow & generally wiggy.
Is there anything short of major outlay that works well?

J.